Michael Ornstein was born sometime in 1963 in Passaic, New Jersey. He is an actor and visual artist. Ornstein's stage acting credits span some 25 years of new plays in NYC and include creating the role of Louis in the 1991 World Premiere of Angels in America at the Eureka Theater in San Francisco. His first film credit was in Crossing Delancey, where he played the minor character Mickey, Peter Riegert's brother. Michael studied acting as a child at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City and later studied under Stella Adler when he was sixteen. After high school, he enrolled in the Mason Gross School of the Arts. He quit after his first year and moved to New York City to begin working professionally. There, he studied acting with Kathryn Gately, Michael Howard and Marilyn Fried; movement with Loyd Williamson and dance with Anna Sokolow.
- Kansas City as Jackie Ciro
- Man of the Year as Mike Miller
- Let It Snow as Lenny Ellis
- Crossing Delancey as Mickey
- White Hot as Carlos
- Blindsided as Det. Sartucci
- Homicide: Life on the Street as Det. Tony Bonaventura
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Florist / Philip / Howard
- Sons of Anarchy as "Chucky"